Friday, November 11, 2011

Memories in Black and White

























Well, so much for getting a new post up last week! lol Sometimes there just aren't enough hours in the day to accomplish everything I need and want to do. :-) So as I type this I am waiting impatiently for a huge batch of wedding images to load in Photoshop so I can continue into the wee hours of the morning with bleary eyed editing...lol I'm determined to finish this particular wedding tonight so there's no telling what time my head will hit the pillow but I know as I close my eyes, I'll feel a sense of peaceful accomplishment and relief.


I'm sure this is common, but it seems it's during these late night editing marathons that I think most about my life, my career, my choices, my direction....I think back quite a bit and when that gets a bit too heavy (someone once told me we ALL have a backstory lol) I try to "think" forward toward the growth of my children, my business, and yes, even myself. The fact is, life flies by so quickly and so many of my memories, the good, bad and the ugly, have a tendency of fading into grey...regardless of how precious or painful, they are MY memories and I feel cheated when they fade...so...on nights like tonight...I reminisce. Because that's just what us "artsy types" do...we reminisce...we dream...and occassionally we wallow ...lol And we cling to memories that we refuse to let slip away...it's these memories and the deeply intense emotions attached to them that make me so good at what I do...I capture emotions...I freeze them in time so that years from now, you can look back at a picture and be reminded of the laughter, the joy, the fullness of life at that moment...I recognize these moments in other peoples lives because they FEEL familiar to me...all of my heartaches, my victories, my passions and my blessings allow me to tune in and connect with others on a personal level...Because of the many moments I struggle to hang on to without a picture or precious image to eternally sear it into my mind, I know I'm in the right place...doing what God intended for me to do...I feel blessed to be able to provide such a precious gift...the gift of black and white in a world of grey....as much as I adore color...we could all use a bit more black and white and alot less grey!

4 comments:

  1. Always puts a smile on my face :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you....I'm just so glad to know "someone somewhere" is actually reading my ramblings :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely the best pictures I have ever seen, to sum up in one word-breathtaking! Not to mention your words were/are inspiring! ~Christina~

    ReplyDelete
  4. What happened to the blogs?

    ~Christina~

    ReplyDelete