Tuesday, January 27, 2009

New website under construction


(Above and below) Skylar




(Above and below) Brooklyn
















I am in the process of working with someone to build my website and I am so excited! There are so many choices out there and I'm having a hard time deciding exactly what it should look like but I believe we will end up with something that is a fairly accurate representation of my personality and my vision for my business. If any of you have gone through this process and have any tips for me, I'm all ears! It will take at least 3 to 4 weeks before it's far enough along for me to advertise the address but I'll keep you posted on the progress. I'm also excited to be taking a photography class at Faulkner taught by Ryan Bartels - the absolutely fabulous photographer Chuck and I chose for our wedding. The class is on Monday nights but I find myself obsessing over everything photography related during the week and wishing I could go to class 3 nights a week so I could learn more and learn faster. lol The mathmatics of shutter speed, ISO, and aperture are a bit of a challenge for me but I am determined not to let my personal fear of math get in my way of learning what I need to know to become a better photographer! I always struggled with math in school to the point that I developed a sort of phobia. Sounds rediculous I know, but the nature of people is to fear what we do not understand and while I can ace an essay test on just about any subject (because of my love for english and writing), I can barely balance my checkbook. lol Fear of math aside, learning it will enable me to do what I love to do and do it even better than before. For that alone, it's worth it!


(The pictures above are from various shoots I've done over the past year except for the top 4 of Brooklyn and Skylar which I took today and edited with a glow effect.)








1 comment:

  1. Caryl,WOW! Amazing pics of your sweet beebee's! You know I love all of your work, but these of the girls are dear to my heart.
    I love you, Dawn a/k/a Aunt Dawn

    ReplyDelete