Thursday, October 1, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday to Brooklyn and Skylar!


(Brooklyn)

(Skylar)

(Skylar)

(Brooklyn-left,Skylar-right)

(Brooklyn-left,Skylar-right)


(Brooklyn-left,Skylar-right)


(Brooklyn-left, Skylar-right)


(Brooklyn)


(Brooklyn)

(Skylar)

(Skylar)


(Skylar)


(Brooklyn-left, Skylar-right)
(Brooklyn)
Well, I can't believe it but my twin girls have just turned ONE! Time flies by so quickly and I am so proud of their acheivements but also saddened by how quickly they are growing up. We don't plan to have any more children (unless God decides otherwise) so I'm planning my last First Birthday Party and celebrating the first year milestones for the final time. Even though my cup has literally runneth over this past year and there have been times when I wondered if I would survive, it's easy to forget all those moments of stress induced psychosis when faced with the finality of a first birthday. My little angels are growing up! It seems just yesterday my husband and I were heading to the hospital for a long a day of labor which ended in the miraculous arrival of our twin girls, Brooklyn Michelle and Skylar Marie. Brooklyn was born at 7:08pm weighing 6lbs 1oz and Skylar followed 8 minutes later at 7:16pm weighing 6lbs 10oz. Well, that was just yesterday so I guess tomorrow we'll be dropping them off at a college dorm - hopefully one very close to home but there's no way to tell these days. And as I'm writing this and choking back the tears that are threatening to well up in the back of my throat...I am reminded of why I do what I do. This is why I am always seen at every gathering with a camera surgically attached to my hand. This is why my kids know the sound of a shutter clicking as well as they know the sound of Cheerios being poured onto their high chair trays. This is why every computer hard drive in my house is overflowing with images of my children and yours. I take pictures...I capture memories that might be lost forever if not frozen in time by the lens of my camera. I do this for my family because I understand the importance of not letting these moments pass by unoticed - uncaptured. I do it for you for the same reason. Thank you for allowing me to share such a special part of myself with you - my clients and my friends. It's in moments like these that I truly know, I am where I'm meant to be. I am doing something important and valuable - not only for my family but for many many others. I am so grateful that God has given me this gift and allowed me to go on this journey. I am so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment