Monday, July 27, 2009

Baby John Patrick






















All of my shoots with newborns are special but this one was especially touching. John Patrick (nicknamed JP) was born on 3-14-09 at 24 weeks weighing 1 lb 5 oz. While talking with his parents I learned that he had a 50/50 survival chance at birth and endured several setbacks in the first few weeks of his life, any one of which could have had tragic results. But he refused to give up and this tiny little fighter has beaten the odds and is now home with his family after 4 months in the NICU. He is 4 and 1/2 months old and now weighs 5.5 lbs. His mom and I went to school together in high school and recently saw eachother at our 10 year reunion last fall so this was an incredible honor for me to be chosen to capture timeless memories of her precious little miracle! Shoots like this one are why I love what I do so much! Every baby is a miracle from God and we can so easily take for granted the ease in which many of us have been able to bring new life into this world. John Patrick has reminded me of how precious the gift of life is and also how fragile. Let's all remember to thank God every day for the many blessings He has poured out upon us and take a lesson from John Patrick when it comes to fighting our way through the hard times with unrelenting tenacity. If someone so small can fight so hard and come out on the other side of his struggle virtually unscathed, then surely I can face my trials with a bit more courage and a lot more faith!
Thank you for taking the time to visit. Feel free to leave congratulatory comments to JP's parents (I'll make sure they see them!) God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment